Workflow Step: HTTP Request (Webhook)
Add new Workflow Step,
HTTP Request, to make calls to other applications and store the responses as variables.
- make a call to my server whenever a specific event happens (like a contact field changes) and pass that information to keep my data updated
- make a call to another software to start a process there (e.g. calling integromat or pabbly so they can run an automation there)
- make a call to another software to get some data in the response and then store it in respond.io
- request the status of an order and provide and send a message to the contact with that information
- request stock availability and provide and send a message to the contact with that information
NOTE: due to the complexity and cost of this STEP in will only be available to our Enterprise, Reseller and CUSTOM customers.
marked this post as
Great news, the HTTP Request (Webhook) Step has been released for Workflows ! 🎉
Using HTTP Request step, you can:
- Define the call method together with URL
- Define the request body
- Define the request header
- Save the response as variables
- and more
Learn more about HTTP Request here: https://docs.respond.io/workflows/steps#step-http-request
marked this post as
Merged in a post:
Add Webhook as an Automation Action
Please see here:
We should be able to specify a webhook URL to send the information to, for any automation trigger.
This will allow other services such as Integromat and Pabbly Connect to be also be used.
That would be really perfect!
OMG. This is so needed for automation purposes! Please implement this!!!!
Seria genial, por favor implementen!
I will be glad to see this implemented. With webhook, one can do alot...
Hey Zunaid Khan, we have another feature request that we are considering independent from automation rules (to be added in Settings>Integration), would that solve your use-case?
Gerardo Salandra: that would not be sufficient to cover all cases, as your suggestion only trigger a webhook call when a contact status is updated or a message is received. We would need more flexibility, for example on any fields update trigger a webhook and on any incoming and/or outgoing message trigger a webhook.
Marco Rinaudo: Thanks for the feedback marco, completely understanding where you are coming from. Calling a webhook from an automation (where you get to choose the trigger) certainly provides a higher level of flexibility.
We are planning to working on this together (or soon after) our automation workflows project, which will enhance our automations module with a visual builder, more triggers and actions.
We will keep this thread up to date with the latest developments!